Monday, May 9, 2011

Note to Self: "Don't Make That Face!"

First bit of news: We have a acquired a new pet. A kitten. She is adorable, but of course all baby things are. Puppies, chicks, piglets...babies, for that matter. But all of those things grow up.  Kittens are adorable. Cats? Not so much. Babies too. Adults...? Ahem. 
Anyways, she is pretty smart. Today she climbed in the office trash can and went to the bathroom. 

Austin likes to pick her up by the skin of her neck because "that's how her mom carried her". 
What is she saying....?
"You're...choking...meee." 

This is the neighborhood bum. He's a pretty funny feller. A little obnoxious, likes to talk, but overall funny. 
He came to a service last weekend. Actually he came to the marriage service. When Bro. King started talking about Adam and Eve, "Pakatelas" walked out because he "already knew everything about them". :D
On Sunday he rang our doorbell. He said he wanted to talk to la senorita that plays the "organ" so I went down to talk to him. He wanted to know what time church started. We probably talked for about 20 minutes. In the middle of the conversation, he abruptly stopped talking and told me, "Don't cut your eyebrows." I was like...Ummm, I don't...thank you though, for the beauty tip...haha. 
He is a little hard to understand (especially when he tries to talk in English). I guess I was concentrating too hard because said, "Don't make that face. You'll get wrinkles." 
AUUUGH!
Then to top it all off, when he was saying goodbye, he stuck his fist out towards me, so I bumped my fist with his. Sneaky old man. He grabbed my fingers, bowed forward, and kissed the back of my hand!
I was thinking "Ohhhh Lord..." Talk about a drama king! He was laying it on thick. :D
Every time I talk to him he asks me if the previous pastor is still here. Because if he IS, he is NOT coming!
He did come to church on Sunday, but unfortunately, our usher kicked him out. 
Oops. 
We were having a good service, a bunch of people were up front praying when he came in. I guess the usher thought he was going to make a scene so he told him to leave. But before Pakatelas left, he turned around and shouted to the whole church, "I JUST WANTED TO VISIT A WHILE!" and then stomped out. 
Poor guy. Hopefully a visit will "make it all better". 
Till next time......
Don't make any ugly faces!
~Bethany~

2 comments:

Kendra Thaler said...

haha this is hilarious! lol

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA !!!! I JUST read this and absolutely died laughing!!! This whole post is HILARIOUS!!!

Total Pageviews